Hinterland Trading Air Plant terrariums have become extremely popular. Their charming personalities, minimal care, and lack of soil make them ...Read more...
Hinterland Trading Air Plant terrariums have become extremely popular. Their charming personalities, minimal care, and lack of soil make them an ideal way to bring a little piece of nature into your living space and brighten any room. Their uniqueness also makes them a perfect gift that will leave a lasting impression on any lucky recipient.
Air Plants (Tillandsia) get their common name from the fact they don’t require soil. They are epiphytes, which attach to other plants or trees for support. Their roots are only used to anchor themselves and are normally removed during cultivation for aesthetics. They are not parasitic, instead they gather micro nutrients from the air and water in structures called trichomes on their leaves.
As the plant dries the trichomes take on a white powder look. After watering the plant will return to a vibrant green. Air Plants must dry fully between watering because they are susceptible to rot if left wet to long. These Air Plants will only bloom once, but after the bloom they can form up to 12 “Pups”, or offspring, at their base. The main plant will slowly be on its way out, but the Pups will continue to thrive and will separate when mature. Air Plants prefer filtered sunlight as their natural home is under tree canopy. This makes them perfect house plants.
- Does not deliver on Saturday, Sunday or Monday
- Includes: 6 inch seated or hanging glass terrarium, Air Plant Concolor, purple Reindeer Moss, black
- River Pebbles, and care instructions
- No soil required, just air, water, and love
- The perfect plants, even for the not-so-green thumbs
- Product shipped as a mature plant; After arrival soak in water for 1 to 2 hours, let plant dry fully, then begin regular watering schedule.